Sunday, January 2, 2011

"Fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy night!"

#28: All About Eve

Watched on January 1, 2011
Released in 1951

Fun Fact: It is the only movie in history to receive 4 female acting nominations (2 for best actress and 2 for best supporting actress).

Rob's Thoughts:  When the movie started, I didn't know if I would like it or not.  Anne Baxter's character, she was kind of "looney", but I honestly really liked the movie.  With Bette Davis in it, you cannot go wrong.  She is one of the best actresses of all time and she is great in this film.  I would recommend this film if you are looking for a straight-forward story with GREAT acting.  Plus, there is a cameo by Marilyn Monroe.

Whit's Thoughts: I loved this movie. Bette Davis was phenomenal as the strong-willed diva. And Eve's character was incredibly dynamic - I wasn't sure if I hated her or if I just felt sorry for her. The movie had all of the essential plot elements: romance, deceit, humor, and drama. I found myself reading various quotes from the movie just to remember the scenes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment