Sunday, March 13, 2011

"So, we'll go to that farm tomorrow. But please, Stingo, don't talk about marriage and children."

#91: Sophie's Choice




Watched on February 20, 2011
Released in 1982
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084707/




Fun Fact: Meryl Streep not only learned a Polish accent but also learned how to speak German and Polish in order to have the proper accent of a Polish refugee.


Rob's Thoughts:  Out of the 10 movies that have been watched so far, this actually has to be my least favorite.  The movie for me was slow, but the acting did make up for that.  Meryl Streep was amazing as the title character and Kevin Kline as her Holocaust-obsessed lover played the part very well (this role being one of his first in a movie).  Overall, it was a good movie, but I felt that it kept dragging on.

Whit's Thoughts: For the most part, I liked this movie. It was a little predictable, but Meryl Streep was fantastic! And Kevin Kline was haunting, as you don't know till the middle-end of the movie what his backstory is. I had always wondered what this movie was about and what Sophie's choice really was. So, I have to say - I'm glad I was finally able to watch it and learn that Sophie really did have to make a very difficult choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment